Strathcona Regional District and the City of Campbell River have partnered together to provide healthy lifestyle opportunities for residents who face financial challenges. If lack of funds is hindering your participation in our drop-in and registered programs, register for the L.I.F.E. program, which offers financial assistance for individuals and families with low incomes.
The L.I.F.E. program will provide each eligible person with:
- 104 Free Drop-In admissions to our facility (arena, pool, fitness classes, sauna, steam room, and weight room)
- 50% reduction in fees for three (3) registered programs at Strathcona Gardens (swimming lessons, skating lessons, and fitness programs)
How to Register:
- Download the 2022/2023 L.I.F.E Program Application or pick one up from Strathcona Gardens during reception hours.
- Gather required documentation: You will need proof of your combined income from line 150 of your 2021 tax assessment for each member of the household, as well as proof of residency will with your current address. A driver’s license or current utility bill can be used for proof of residency.
- The L.I.F.E. application form must be completed in full, and submitted with your required documentation to a staff member at our reception desk.
- Please note: if you submit your application first to the City of Campbell River (Community Center or Sportsplex) please ask for a copy to be made, and then bring it to our facility for processing.