Helmets are mandatory for all participants during any public skating/drop-in session, lessons, birthday rentals, school groups, and day camps at Strathcona Gardens. This includes all learn to skate programs, Parent & Tot lessons, participants and parents. Rental helmets are available for use for all Strathcona Gardens programs, and are sanitized after each use.
General Rules and Guidelines
The following behaviours and activities are not acceptable:
- Fighting, tripping, horseplay, unsafe games or engaging in conduct likely to cause injury.
- Spitting, foul language or aggressive behaviour towards staff or other patrons.
- Hockey sticks, pucks and balls are not permitted during all Everyone Welcome and leisure ice sessions. Pond hockey is permitted at designated times only.
- During public skates no jumps, spins, or skating backwards or any other figure skating routines are allowed.
- Gouging or damaging the ice, collecting snow or making snowballs.
- Sitting or standing on the rink boards, players and penalty boxes are off limits during public skates.
- Piggy backing or carrying another person. Parents with small children are encouraged to use strollers.
- Articles in the arena are left at your own risk.